Long time no update folks and I apologise for that. I’ve just been really busy, I can’t believe this is only my first post since I’ve had my new domain name change more than 2 weeks ago. If you haven’t realised, there’s no more .blogspot in the URL! Hooray, now you’ll be able to get to the blog faster and easier
I’m still learning as to how this’ll affect subscribers of all kind so any tips on transitioning would be very much appreciated.
I’ve been terrible for not being able to keep my promise to post this before mothers’ day, but c’mon now, funfetti pancakes don’t really suit mothers’ day brekkie anyway. What with all the colourful sprinkles with artificial colouring that all mothers frown upon? You know they always say it’s bad for you but secretly, we all know all those colours just makes everyone, (even mothers!) want to smile or do a little happy dance. These would be perfect for birthdays definitely or just a cheer up brekkie. You’ll be able to turn any enemy into your bff in no time with these babies.
This is one special pancake alright. Sprinkles + cake batter + tres leches (literally 3 milk) glaze in fluffy disk forms- aaaand stacks of it too. Highhh stacks. Ahem, okay so I lied a little , I only made a dos leches glaze- low fat milk and condensed milk because I didn’t want to open a new can of evaporated milk just to scoop 3 tablespoons of the stuff and be burdened by the responsibility of having to think of something to make that’ll use up the rest of the can. But I’m sure if you’ve got some evaporated milk around, it’ll certainly make a wonderful addition too. I also recommend brushing the glaze to each pancake before stacking just before serving so you’ll have the perfect sweetness for each bite. I didn’t do this and just ended up dunking each bit into a pool of glaze. That works too.
In case you were wondering what I have been up to in these 2 weeks of inactive blogging days… I’ve been on instagram a lot, like more than Pinterest and am currently OBSESSED with newly discovered photo editing apps. My new faves are Phoster and Over- both of which are paid apps but they are worth it in my humble opinion. Phoster does cool poster-like layouts and effects like this crumpled paper effect and Over is just the best add-text-to-image app with a variety of cute fonts. It’s the only app you need for in-image texts. So check em out if you’re also into that stuff and recommend me any of your fave apps too!
Funfetti, Cake Batter ‘Tres Leches’ Pancakes
Makes lotsa pancakes, around 30
For the pancakes:
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup yellow cake mix (I used vanilla cake mix)
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs, separated
1-2 cup milk
1 tbs sugar
1 tbsp oil
1. Combine flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. In another bowl, whisk together egg yolk, sugar and 1 cup milk followed by oil. mix well and add it into the flour mixture and whisk to combine. Whisk in more milk if needed until the batter has the right consistency- not too thin, not too thick.
3. Whisk egg white until soft peaks, then fold into the above mixture. Carefully fold the sprinkles in (don’t overmix or the sprinkles will discolour the batter)
4. Heat griddle or a non-stick frying pan on medium low heat then scoop batter, about 1 ladleful onto the pan. cook until bubbles appear evenly on the surface, flip it over and cook until golden.
For the glaze:
1/3 cup condensed milk
4 tbs milk (can use combination of regular milk and evaporated milk if desired)
1. Whisk together ingredients until smooth. The consistency should still be fairly thick, like icing. Drizzle or brush over pancakes if desired.
NOTE: Leftover batter will keep in the refrigerator covered for up to 2 days.
It’s nearing the end of the week again so hope you all make the most of the remaining days of the week! See you all soon x