Passionfruit Melting Moments
Recipe adapted from here:
(Makes around 30 cookies)
For the biscuits:
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- 2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, vanilla and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flours over butter mixture. Beat on low speed until a soft dough forms.
- 3. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls. Place on trays. Using a fork dipped in flour, lightly flatten each biscuit until 1cm thick. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Passionfruit filling:
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 large passionfruit (I used canned passionfruit puree and it worked fine)
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in passionfruit pulp and icing sugar.
Spread flat side of 1 biscuit with 1 teaspoon filling. Top with another biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Would greatly appreciate it if someone could give a healthier version of these cookies without any compromise on taste and texture!!